Date: 22nd May 2021
Duration: 6 weeks
Project Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of specific projects for an organization while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within the scope.
Project management is the application of processes, methods, skills, knowledge, and experience to achieve specific project objectives according to the project acceptance criteria within agreed parameters. Project management has final deliverables that are constrained to a finite timescale and budget.
- Introduction & History to Project Management
- Project Lifecycle, Project Risk
- Project Scope, Feasibility & Selection
- Project Planning & Control Cycle
- Project Estimating
- Planning Fundamentals – WBS, PERT/CPM & OBS
- Planning Fundamentals – WBS, PERT/CPM & Gantt Chart
- Procurement Scheduling & Resource Planning
- Project communication
- Effective project teamwork
- Project Leadership
- Post-project Review, Revision and Summary
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers / I.T.
Project Team Leaders
Personnel who wish to increase their promotion prospects
Personnel involved with / in Projects Management
How will the candidate contribute to his/her organisation
- The learner will be able to work more effectively and efficiently and within budget. They will acquire the practical skills and knowledge on project management
- Identify and address risks and convert those risks into opportunities
- Estimate time and cost of a project, manage a team and communicate with stakeholders with greater depth and understanding
- Are able understand the technical details of Project Management
The Certificates of Competence will reflect the following:
This short course is a stand-alone course and does not lead to a part or full qualification registered on the NQF.